Monday, December 24, 2012

A BEAUTIFUL SCULPTURE




A while back I received one of those emails forwarded from one person to another.  This specific email showed a logger who, with his chainsaw, carves sculptures of animals out of logs. I was filled with amazement that he could look at a rough log, one that looks exactly like millions of other logs, to see the potential beauty inside it, and then proceed to carve it out.

This made me think my life and this physical as well as spiritual journey the disease, MSA, has taken me on.  The following questions came to mind; does God see potential in me?  Was MSA the chainsaw needed to reveal this potential?  Does God allow diseases and other misfortunes to happen in order for us to grow spiritually?

I don't have all the answers yet. Hopefully this journey will teach me more as it happens.  But I do know this; I might never have experienced spiritual growth if MSA didn't happen to me.  The 'busy' life I led before was filled with trivialities, often with good intentions which never realized. I was on the run to nowhere, too distracted by the demands of my lifestyle.

The disease forced me to slow down and allowed me time for introspection and I didn't like what I saw.  Did God grant me this opportunity to change?

Although I can expect physical degeneration, I am excited by the prospect of spiritual growth.  In the forest I now grow, the Keeper knows the name of every tree and provides the fertilizer for growth.  God doesn't only see the forest, but every individual tree.  He doesn't see the crookedness of the trees, or the roughness of the logs, He sees the beauty inside you and me.  If we allow Him, He will carve a glorious and unique sculpture out of each of us.





James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Psalm 33:13-15
“The Lord looks from Heaven.  He looks on all the inhabitants of the earth; He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works.” 

Thank you for allowing me the use of your beautiful photos Laurette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting messages - drop us a line.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...