Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Sissi, Tell Me, Where Is It That You Go?

Should this be your first visit to our blog - please head over here for a brief summary.




Dear Sissi Sonja,


https://youtu.be/al0MGqXVZIY


'Oh, hello Dolly, well, hello Dolly
It's so nice to have you back where you belong
You're lookin' swell, Dolly, I can tell, Dolly
You're still glowin', you're still crowin', you're still goin' strong'

You twitch your little twitch when you hear my voice
And you mutter your muttering little mutter
You open your eyes a little
I crank up the volume when I holler
'you're looking swell Dolly, I can tell Dolly'
 swinging my arms wide
when I do a really inelegant twirl
for my mostly sleeping beauty girl.

For a moment I know that you know that I am there
You wait for my smudgy red kisses - I swear
I tell you I missed you so and love you
Your eyes tell me you do too
For a little while we briefly connect
Sometimes for a minute
Sometimes maybe five
before you drift off again
into that mysterious space.

I miss you
         I miss you
                 I miss you so
although you are still  here
You are not
 my Sissi, my dearest dear
Tell  me, where is it that you go
when you keep drifting to that distant place.

There is still so much I want to say
Each and every single day.

Don't you think its bloody marvelous
that friends bring you a cooked meal - every day?
I think its simply fabulous.
Do you like the curtains we put up for you?
And all the pictures on your walls where you spend your days?
Did you see the Impatience flowering near the door?

I've become a Farmor - to the sweetest liten flicka
You stared so long at that darling little picture
And grinned a muttering grin
at my gaudy bright pink earrings.

My Sissi - my dearest dear
If only you could tell me - let me hear
There must be something
something else
that I can still do?

I love you,
Sissi Karin.


Dat ik je mis - Maaike Ouboter






















4 comments:

  1. 'Beautiful woorde <3 <3. Wens ook ek kon saam met haar verdwyn na haar secret garden waar net sy ronddrentel. Ek glo dit is 'n stunning plek waar sy sonder beperkings kan dans en omvou word met reuke, aanrakings en selfs smake wat in ons wereld haar nie altyd beskore is nie. Dis my gebed vir haar dat wanneer sy so wegraak dat dit na 'n plek sonder beperkings is, omvou in die Vader se arms en liefde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin you are the "Hello Dolly-angel"!
    Sonja and your road travelled the past few years is unique!
    Your love and compassion understated!
    I thank you for being the "Hello Dolly-angel"!
    I thank Sonja for being such a fighter and sharing her innerself with the world.
    I am privileged be part of your journey
    Together you two have been such an inspiration to many.
    Julle deursetting saam, aanhou en liefde vir dit wat jul in glo en voor veg is n "gift" vir ons
    Dankie dankie dankie.
    xEx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dolly will never be the same again. It will always and forever be the Sissi song in my mind. And a song telling the story of a friendship worth making a film !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tears of love, joy & sorry for the both of you. Yes, Karin, you are truly Sonja's angel. And she is yours in return. It has been a privilege to have a peak into your lives.
    My best & prayers, as you travel this portion of your journey together. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete

We love getting messages - drop us a line.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...